Waste Reduction and Recycling Initiative Grant Program
February 20, 2015
Do you have a project you would like to complete to reduce waste or increase recycling of materials in your community?
The Waste Reduction and Recycling Initiative (WRRI) provides up to $25,000 in financial assistance to NWT-based municipalities, schools, organizations, businesses and individuals to complete projects that support one or more of the following objectives:
- reduce the amount of waste generated in our communities
- reuse materials and products, rather than discard them
- recycle materials which are not already collected through a NWT recycling program
- recover a useful benefit from waste
Who can apply?
- NWT municipalities and community governments
- NWT-based educational institutions and non-profit organizations
- NWT-based businesses, business associations, groups or individuals
Eligible projects and project costs
Please review the Waste Reduction and Recycling Initiative funding guidelines for a complete overview of eligible projects and project costs.
How do I apply for funding?
Complete the Waste Reduction and Recycling Initiative application form and submit it by April 15, 2015. Applications may be submitted by March 31, 2015, for preliminary review and feedback from program staff.
In 2014, 8 successful projects across the NWT received a total of $143,603.00 in funding. Click here to read more about those projects.
Projects will be evaluated using the Waste Reduction and Recycling Initiative criteria and evaluation form.
If you have questions about the Waste Reduction and Recycling Initiative, or are interested in submitting an application, please contact Shannon Ripley at Shannon_Ripley@gov.nt.ca or (867) 920-3310. ENR staff will be happy to help you complete your application!